On 13 July 2011 the IEA is launching a plan for comprehensive spending and tax reform - Sharper Axes, Lower Taxes: Big Steps to a Smaller State. The publication examines every aspect of government spending and offers a fundamental rethink of the role and scope of the state, providing solutions which would see increased economic growth and radically reduced spending levels.
Speaking at the panel discussion will be:
- Mark Littlewood, Director General and Ralph Harris Fellow, Institute of Economic Affairs (chair)
- Prof Philip Booth, Editorial and Programmes Director, Institute of Economic Affairs
- Simon Heffer, journalist and author
- Prof Patrick Minford, Professor of Applied Economics, Cardiff Business School, Cardiff University
- Elizabeth Truss MP, Conservative Member of Parliament for South West Norfolk
RSVP (acceptances only) using the form below or to IEA reception by email to email@example.com or by phone on 020 7799 8900.