George Osborne's Budget gave a few crumbs of comfort to those who favour lower and simpler taxes, and who want to see the regulatory burdens placed on businesses slashed. However, it seems unlikely that it will promote economic growth to any great degree; in fact, some measures contained within it were entirely unhelpful.
To offer comment on the Budget, Mark Littlewood, IEA Director General, and Prof Philip Booth, IEA Editorial Director, took to the airwaves and to the blogosphere:
- Philip Booth on BBC Radio 5 Live's Victoria Derbyshire programme (listen here)
- Mark Littlewood on BBC Radio 2's Jeremy Vine programme (listen here)
- Mark Littlewood on LBC with Nick Ferrari (listen here)
- Mark Littlewood on BBC 2's The Daily Politics (watch here)
- Mark Littlewood writing for the Spectator CoffeeHouse blog - Osborne made a start on deregulation, but there's a long way to go