Ahead of the 2012 Autumn Statement, Conservative MPs from the Free Enterprise Group and experts from the Institute of Economic Affairs and elsewhere presented their ideas on how to reform government spending.
In total the spending reductions proposed at the briefing will amount to more than enough to enable the Chancellor to meet the coalition’s target of reducing debt as a proportion of GDP by 2015-16.
· Mark Littlewood (Chair), Director General, Institute of Economic Affairs
· Kwasi Kwarteng, MP for Spelthorne
· Phillip Lee, MP for Bracknell
· Andrew Lilico, fellow of the Institute of Economic Affairs and a Director of Europe Economics
· Priti Patel, MP for Witham
· David Ruffley, MP for Bury St Edmunds
· Andrew Sentance, Senior Economic Adviser at Pricewaterhouse Coopers
· Chris Skidmore, MP for Kingswood
· Ewen Stewart, Investec Specialist Bank